We’re thinking of a word that starts with the letter S and does not end in the letters NOW. Did you guess it? It’s SPRING of course…and we can’t wait! Lots to look forward to in Newport besides melting snow drifts and blossoming daffodils. Here are a few!
1. The St. Patrick’s Day Parade! The most spirited parade in Newport will take place Saturday March 14th starting at Newport City Hall and make its way passed the steps of the Admiral Fitzroy Inn to Newport’s fifth ward. The whole spectacle is anticipated to last 2 hours, complete with Pipe Bands, Marching Bands, Fife & Drum Corps, Clown Units, reenactment units, and community organizations, but Newport’s bars and restaurants will be celebrating all day long. If you haven’t experienced this Newport tradition, pack your green sweatshirts and get ready to celebrate being –or pretending to be– Irish!
2. Newport Restaurant Week Dining in Newport is a real treat during this bi-annual culinary event taking place March 20th through the 29th. Participating Newport restaurants will be offering a unique 3-course menu for just $16 per person for lunch and $35 per person for dinner. The price does not include beverages or gratuity but it does include access to some of Newport’s very best restaurants. Some of our favorite restaurants are on the list, check it out!
3. Tallulah on Thames Brunch!– New to the Brunch scene is one of our favorite restaurants on Thames Street. Known for their outstanding locally sourced dishes and unique dining experience , this Thames Street sweet spot is now taking your bunch reservations Sundays from 10-2 .
4. Daffodil Days at Blithewold– Just a short drive from the shores of Newport, Blithewold Mansion & Gardens is a gorgeous day trip to be had for guests to Newport. Especially if you are visiting during the spring. The historic grounds are blanketed with trails of glorious daffodils in what they call “Daffodil Days,” celebrating this bright spring tradition.
5. A Money-Saving March Package at the Fitzroy! Smack in the middle of town, stay with us and save on your room while enjoying fresh spring flowers in your room, dinner on Broadway, and a comedy show at the FireHouse Theater. Click here for details!
Look forward to see you this spring!
-Your friends at the Fitzroy